.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
but, .....I repeat myself.
Suppose you were a heartless bastard, and suppose you were a Republican, but, .....I repeat myself. Mark Twain
Tuesday, January 13, 2004
 
I heard Twitty & now Eric Alterman on NPR's To The Point radio show claim that the US has never invaded a country that was not a threat to it.

Now, it seems to me that a lot of people are busily editing history and forgetting the Grenada Invasion, the Panama Invasion and the mother of all invasions The philipines 1899-1902.

Now According to Mathew White's Twentieth Century Atlas - Death Tolls and Casualty Statistics for Wars,Dictatorships and Genocides anywhere from 8,000 to 20,000 combatants an anywhere between a 100,000 to 300,000 non-combatants died. The death toll in Panama has been estimated at approximatly 500 to 600. The Death toll in Granada has been estimated at approximatly 18 to 250 depending on the estimator.

I am not quite sure what possible threat The Philipines, Panama or Granada ever posed to the United States.




Powered by Blogger Site Meter Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com