.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
but, .....I repeat myself.
Suppose you were a heartless bastard, and suppose you were a Republican, but, .....I repeat myself. Mark Twain
Sunday, May 30, 2004
 
What is genocide?
At Obsidian Wings, on a post discussing Imperialism Bird Dog of Tacitus infamy stated that the US goverment not having a plan to exterminate American Indians could not be accused of Genocide. I personally disagree with that view point, as does the Geneva convention on Genocide.The Indian Removal act of 1830 pretty much confirms a Goverment policy of Genocide.

The displacement of various groups of Indians from their native geographical area to other areas is well documented, the trail of tears, the transfers of the Apaches to Florida. The Abrogation of Treaties was common & the consequences were usually the same, the theft of lands followed by extermination or assimilation of the Indians.

A quick outline of the indian wars can be found on Wikipedia.


PS. I would appreciate it if Moe would let me know what he found so offensive in my post.



Powered by Blogger Site Meter Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com